While adding topics in Group discussion or comments it is forbidden to:
- Show any kind of disrespect, especially using any insulting expressions towards other visitors on the site;
- Using taboo and curse words, or their replications;
- Being rude to a Moderator or ignoring his or her advice.
- Showing criticism of a work without a proper underpinning of it;
- Underrate a designer’s role in modern society and industry, or show any negativity towards designers at all;
- Place any materials or comments out of the site’s frame/field as a professional design community;
- Place links to pirate or pornographic sources;
- Place any erotic materials;
- Place any materials advocating narcotics/drugs or alcohol;
- Place materials of racist content;
- Encourage other visitors of the site to take part in any kind of public political actions, meetings, etc.
Other things you should be aware of:
- Comments from those who haven't specified professional details in the Portfolio page, will not to be posted. We believe that a constructive dialogue requires knowledge of the professional position of the other speakers;
- Using CAPS LOCK for the whole text or a considerable part of it shows disrespect to the other members. Please, convey your thoughts and feelings in the content of your message, not its appearance.
- Any personal disagreements should be confined to personal messages.
- There is a special Group for the moderators’ and an email address where you can make us aware of a mistake on the site.
- We would like you to forgo from placing big text blocks from other sources, and use the copy-paste scheme only where it is really necessary. It is more preferable to type the text in your own words and apply the link to the source.
- When criticising a designer’s work, try to explain your opinion and say why you think so and how you would design it.
- Please, do not show too much expression. First think of how your commentary would look from the point of view of a more experienced visitor.
- Watch the word and deed ratio – not only criticize, but show your own expertise. Try to value your skill level and knowledge – is your advice likely to be helpful to someone?